Monday, February 19, 2007

Welcome to the Atlas Project blog!

This blog has been created to keep you updated on my personal genealogy project about the citizens of Atlas Township, Genesee County, Michigan. I already have created a website, which I invite you to visit. On this blog, I will post updates to the website, as well as news and photos regarding my research.

My Atlas Township ancestors included members of the Crothers (also spelled Crathers and Cruthers), Sweers (Swears), Wyckoff, and York families. Most of them lived in the southeast corner of the township, and all were from the Town of Clarence, Erie County, New York. As I started researching my genealogy, I saw how many of the township citizens intermarried with other families, i.e. several siblings from one family marrying several siblings from another. Of course, with a small population, there wasn't a large gene pool to choose from! I realized that one way or another, the entire citizenry of Atlas Township was probably related to everyone else! I created a database to show these relationships; it is an unfinished process, so keep coming back to visit the site, the database, and this blog. Please don't hesitate to contact me! Click on "View my complete profile" in the menu on the right to see my e-mail address.

Happy Hunting!
Miriam Robbins Midkiff

No comments: